I bought this cantaloupe at Walmart on Wednesday.
Now I've been told to destroy it. (Not trash it. Destroy it.) I'm going to eat it because:
1) Cantaloupes are my favorite melon.
2) Melons are #3 on my list of favorite fruits.
3) Melons are a terrible thing to waste.
4) If there is any salmonella it's on the rind, not in the part that I will eat.
5) Just to be sure, I washed it with Dawn antibacterial dish washing liquid and warm water.
6) Hey! I paid a $1.50 for it.
If my logic is flawed Justine will post which room at Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital that you can send flowers to.